by 6 May 30, 2013
Let’s start by addressing the fact that I believe in marriage… With wedding season in full swing it is hard to ignore the numerous amount of people engaging in wedding festivities and or getting married. I think I became hip to the wedding scene as I stood in my parents' wedding at the tender age of four (as evidenced by the photo below). It took me some time to realize that my parents did things un-traditionally and due to that my belief in marriage grows.
Recently I went to a wedding of a friend who I have known for one calendar year. In that time I sat next to her for 20 of my 50 hour work week and listened to her plan her wedding. The girl is organized, direct, and interestingly opinionated.
This was my first wedding in Arkansas and I didn’t know what to expect. With this in mind I thought of what was important to know about attending weddings and ultimately contributing to the celebration. Here are some useful tips to making the most out of wedding season.
1. Timing is everything… know the time and location of wedding do not show up too early and more importantly do not show up late. How dare you walk in during the moment pictured below....
2. Don’t steal the bride's thunder, avoid whites and one upping her on her big day.[caption id="attachment_2189" align="aligncenter" width="311"] photo credit: www.feministe.us[/caption]
3. Drink Sparingly (no one favors a drunkard at a wedding, or do they?)
4. Be Prepared to dance (the dance floor is level as everyone is a terrible dancer at weddings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftOVyCZiWI <---- THIS VIDEO IS IMPORTANT
5. Know the cultural rules of the individuals getting married (evidently the Dollar Dance is cultural).
6. Bring people that like to have fun, keep the downers away from the weddings, weddings are meant to be joyful.
Best efforts during wedding season. Hopefully this short list of tips will aid in your wedding festivities.
And they lived happily ever after...and started a small brush fire.
by 11 October 27, 2016 0 Comments
by 11 October 19, 2016 0 Comments
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Darcy Apparel is a clothing and accessory boutique located in the beautiful and historic downtown Fayetteville, AR. Started in 2017 by Darcy Munoz, Darcy Apparel is a curation of unique and classic styles by emerging designers from around the U.S. and the world. Women of all ages and backgrounds can find something to love in the shop.
Now offering an in house, namesake clothing line: Darcy Collection. Designed and developed locally in Fayetteville, AR. First collection released in Fall 2019 consisted of three beautiful corduroy pieces made of natural fibers and ethically made garments manufactured in Dai yin China. Darcy's second collection is set to launch in Spring 2020 focusing on linen as the medium and clean, structured lines.
FW19 Darcy Collection
Intentionally Blank Shoes
Maison Louis Marie Candles and Fragrances
Le Bon Shoppe
And many more!
For Darcy Collection wholesale queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.