Here are five back-to-school crock pot recipes for all of you busy bees! If you've followed my writing for a while, you know I'm a teacher. Well, I'm also pregnant now. Which means I'm at the "E" sign as far as how much energy I have - I'm depleted, friends! I have to be honest! I know all of us face times in our lives where we just feel wiped out. The question is, how during those times do we still take care of our adult responsibilities-- like making dinner? We've talked about staying on top of your planning (and using our CUTEEEEE meal planner), but I'll tell you, another crucial best friend to busy people - crock pots.
Crock pots. Crock pots. Crock pots. If you want delicious, but low maintenance meals, the crock pot is your gal. I've gathered here five of my favorite recipes to make to give you some crock pot inspiration. Even if you're not starting back in school, this time of transition can be draining on everyone! Get your crock pot game on with these must make recipes.
Five Back to School Crock Pot Recipes
1.Coconut Chicken Curry Stew
- The next three recipes allow you to use similar ingredients in new interesting ways. When you're short on time or short on funds, it's important to try and use your ingredients in multiple ways. This curry stew could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken. As we start to inch into fall, I'll be all about reintroducing some yummy warm stews into my life.
2. Pad Thai
- YES. Yes. A million times yes. Pretty much if you've had Pad Thai, you love it. This is a way to make the easiest Pad Thai in your life.
3. Lentil Sweet Potato Curry
- I made this recipe a few months ago for HL, and I still make it all the time for my self. Lentils are a staple in your pantry, and this is almost always my go to lentil dish. Easy way to get a healthy meal with no hassle.
4.Black Bean Enchiladas
- Just as the first three have similar ingredients, so does this and the last one. Black beans are, again, another staple of my kitchen, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. I had no idea that I could make enchiladas in a crock pot! That's awesome.
5. Black Bean Soup
- Lastly, black bean soup. A great way to bring flavor to black beans is to slow cook them with various spices. This recipe combines spices beautifully to bring you a yummy soup.
Luvvs, I hope you enjoy these recipes! I'm looking forward to fall, and I think these are great meals to begin incorporating into the recipe rotation. For those of you that are transition your self or your kids back to school, let the crock pot do the work!
Happy Eats My Sweets,