by 5 June 05, 2014
Today I'm going to share with you luvvies how I made this fun and festive wreath out of party straws! You will need:
-Approximately 120 paper straws
-A scrap piece of cardboard
-A glue gun
-Scissors or a box knife
-2 Different sizes of bowls or other round objects you can use to trace the shape of your wreath onto cardboard
-Ribbon for hanging your wreath
1. First, gather your supplies. I purchased my straws from Target in the party section. I used a scrap piece of cardboard I had from the bottom of a package of water bottles. It doesn't have to look great; you will be covering it with straws anyway. Posterboard would even work since the straws are so light- weight.
2. Next, you will trace the shape of your wreath and cut your cardboard. I used two different sized mixing bowls to create my circles: one approximately 4 inches in diameter and the other approximately 8 inches in diameter.
3. Now you are ready to start glueing down your straws. I began, as you can see, with one color at a time.
4. Depending on how many different colors of straws you selected, you can create a pattern for gluing them down.
5. I used the extra straws that didn't fit into my pattern to fill in the gaps in the wreath where I could still see cardboard. Viola!
Last of all, I cut two pieces of ribbon and hot glued them to either side of the upper back portion of the wreath. I then tied the loose ends into a bow so that I could hang my wreath!
What do you luvvies think?? It adds the perfect festive touch, perfect for parties or just sprucing up your home!
by 11 October 27, 2016 0 Comments
by 11 October 19, 2016 0 Comments
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Darcy Apparel is a clothing and accessory boutique located in the beautiful and historic downtown Fayetteville, AR. Started in 2017 by Darcy Munoz, Darcy Apparel is a curation of unique and classic styles by emerging designers from around the U.S. and the world. Women of all ages and backgrounds can find something to love in the shop.
Coming Spring/Summer 2019, Darcy is releasing her first collection of in house designed clothing - a namesake line made in Austin, TX of sustainable fabrics and versatile wearability.
Maison Louis Marie Candles and Fragrances
And so many more!
For Darcy Collection wholesale queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.